Tuesday, March 1, 2011

a totally non-academic reading list

whoa, folks. it's gotten busy around here (i can't speak for kat, of course, but i bet it's busy in palo alto, too). between papers, presentations, an unfortunately timed cold, and two upcoming conferences, i'm barely managing to do the reading for my classes. i certainly haven't been diving into any of the following, all of which have been on my list for a long time. le sigh. read them for me and tell me how they are, ok?


*packing for mars by the insanely wonderful mary roach.
*the botany of desire by the also crazily wonderful michael pollan
*i know i am, but what are you? by samantha bee (of the daily show)
*the bucolic plague by john kilmer purcell.

*note: all links provided by powells. support independently owned businesses!
*second note: for mary roach's daily show interview, go here. and be advised: this is probably my favorite thing ever.

cheers, loves.

No comments:

Post a Comment